KIDS & NTS provide a 24 hour referral, coordination, advice and transport service for critically ill neonates and children in the West Midlands.
KIDS & NTS core infrastructure consists of :
- 24 hour Operations Centre with freephone number & teleconferencing
- Dedicated 'on call' 24 hour Consultant Paediatric Intensivist, Neonatologist
- Paediatric Intensive Care (PIC) Team - PIC Doctor/ANP and Nurse.
- Neonatal transfer team with doctor/ANNP and a nurse
- On-site bespoke ambulances provided by St John Ambulance Service
This video demonstrates the referral process, and multi-disciplinary working during KIDS retrievals:
The following video explains how KIDS have used a state of the art telephony system to help deliver excellent patient care: